This post is by Jim O’Leary, Senior Mobile Solutions Marketing Manager, Cisco
Think about what is going on in the APJC Mobile Market for a minute:
- In Korea Mobile data traffic on 2G, 3G, and 4G networks increased approximately 70 per cent between 3Q 2012 and 3Q 2013.
- In China : Mobile data traffic of China’s top three mobile operators grew 90 per cent in 2012 and 72 per cent from mid-2012 to mid-2013.
- In Japan, Mobile data traffic grew 92 per cent in 2012 and 66 per cent from 3Q 2012 to 3Q 2013, according to Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- While in India Bharti Airtel reported mobile data traffic growth of 112 per cent between 3Q 2012 and 3Q 2013 and Reliance Communications reported mobile data traffic growth of 116 per cent between 3Q 2012 and 3Q 2013.’Nomophobia’ is a term describing a growing fear in today’s world — the fear of being without a mobile device, or beyond mobile phone contact, which is why analysts report that 91 per cent of us keep their cell phone within three feet of themselves 24/7.
Now to handle this increased mobile traffic and “always on” requirement, Cisco has built the market’s most comprehensive Mobile Packet Core solutions. At the heart of our Packet Core Solution is our StarOS Software which can run on our purpose built hardware platform. StarOS Software was designed with virtualization in mind since day one through intra-chassis virtualization and now by decoupling the software from the hardware, we are enabling customers:
- To move or migrate to a blade server platform saving investment dollars and consolidating on a standardize server platform.
- Versatility: multi-functional and multi-service in supporting different deployment models and network topologies.
At next week’s Informa’s LTE World Series in Singapore, Asia’s industry leaders will come together for the 1st Annual LTE Asia Awards which will celebrate innovation and recognize excellence in the LTE community. Cisco is pleased to be recognized by the LTE Asia Awards Judges and short listed in three of the categories for these LTE Asia Awards:
- Best LTE Core Network Product: Cisco ASR 5000 Series
- NFV Innovation of the Year: Cisco Quantum Virtualized Packet Core – Orchestrated
- Innovation in HetNet Development: Cisco Small Cell Design and Technology Innovation
If you are coming to the Informa’s LTE Asia Event or you are in the neighbourhood, stop by and say hello, and attend the LTE Asia Awards and applaud the winners as it is a very competitive field.